• Visa:
  1. Staying less than 180 days (For students who will stay for one semester):
  • It’s required to apply for a visa while the purpose is study.
  • If you have plans to travel around, applying for a Multiple Visa will be better.
  • If there is no plan to go abroad when studying in Taiwan, a Single Visa is sufficient that the NCCU will provide the immigration documents for visa extension to at most 6 months for free. Please be notified that it is NOT possible to change a Single Visa to a Multiple one in Taiwan.
  • Visa application details
  1. Staying more than 180 days (For students who will study for one academic year):
  • Please apply for a Resident Visa. Within 15 days upon the first arrival in Taiwan, please apply for an Alien Resident Certificate (ARC) in the National Immigration Agency. An immigration package will be provided by NCCU for obtaining your ARC.
  • Visa application details
  1. For students who wish to travel to China, please be advised that there is no Chinese Consular Office in Taiwan, so please do apply for the Chinese Visa before you come to Taiwan. 
  2. For student who holds a HK or Macau passport, please visit and click領務>>大陸及港澳人士申請赴台灣入境證 for the permit application.
  3. For student whose nationality is Chinese, NCCU will apply the Taiwanese Entry Permit for you.
Tel: +886-2-2938-7911   Fax: +886-2-2938-7882
64 Chi-Nan Road, Sec. 2, Wen-Shan, Taipei, 116, Taiwan, ROC